Wednesday, January 13, 2010

New Years Resolution: A BACK UP SYSTEM FOR YOUR DATA!!


Back it up before you lose it! I can not stress how important this is!  If you've used a computer long enough, you've lost data!  If you have not already, some day you will.  I guarantee it.  Your hard drive will crash, you will get a virus, or you will corrupt data.  It may not be your fault, but it will happen.  Do this to save yourself a lot of headaches.  Sign up for an automatic online backup system.  It's one of the smartest things you can do for yourself.  It will save everything you have in your my documents folder; all of your photos, music, letters, everything!  It will also backup your desktop files and your outlook files.  Typically, it will not backup your programs or external drives.  For the peace of mind and security it is a small price to pay.  I believe they also have a free program.  I would suggest Mozy Unlimited Backup - $4.95/Month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think of this post!