Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Fabulous Website Find & What to do with all those USER MANUALS...

I needed a user manual.  We have a complicated phone system at the office and no one knows how to use it.  We pay with our first born children (and dogs and cats) every time we need to call for assistance.  I decided to see what I could find to download online.  I didn't know how much it would cost, but it would be worth it, I was sure!  Lo and behold, I found a site to download user manuals for free!! 

Now, talk about eliminating clutter and keeping organized at home!  You know longer have to keep the physical paper user manuals if you can download a copy or go to the website if you need to reference something.  I used to keep a file of user manuals and warranties but often forgot about it or didn't like the bulkiness of it.  Right now, I am keeping my manuals with the item or within close proximity, which works nicely.  I have the tv and vcr/dvd manuals under the dvd player.  I have coffee pot, blender, etc manuals with the cookbooks.  Mentally, for some reason, files represent "things to do" for me.  One good rule of organization is to keep things where you use them.

There are probably more websites like this one out there, but here is the one I found:  http://safemanuals.com/   Go forth and enjoy paperless manuals!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think of this post!