Thursday, January 7, 2010

My take on eat pray love



Eat, Pray, Love: One Woman's Search for Everything Across Italy, India and IndonesiaI have always loved books. I tend to collect them in mass quantities. Only a small fraction of which ever seem to get read. Thanks to Amazon’s want list I no longer have to buy every book that I want to read (like I couldn’t have made a list of my own!)… As of late, I have tended to bury my head in books the likes of, Analytical Management. I always tend towards the self-help and how-to type books. As normal, always feeling like I should be accomplishing something, even if it’s time for me!

Well, this time I wanted light reading. I discovered this book, eat pray love, By Elizabeth Gilbert. This is still a true story, however it’s pure enjoyment! Elizabeth sets out to find herself after a typically nasty divorce. She takes a year to travel (lucky girl) and “find balance”. She not only travels, she digs herself into these fabulous local spots. Whether she is in Italy, India, or Indonesia she is burying herself in the culture and making true friends. I adored this book. For me this was a slice of heaven, I long to visit Italy. I learned things about meditation that most don’t ever contemplate. I learned some about achieving balance in my own life. I adored Elizabeth’s candor and down to earth manner. I felt as though I bonded with her. I really don’t think it had anything to do with her battle with emotional relationships!

The movie will be released this year, 2010, and features Julia Roberts in the lead role of Elizabeth “groceries”. (When the movie, Erin Brockovich, came out there were a few people that said she reminded them of me. Since I don’t believe it was her gorgeous beauty or lovely thick long red hair, I would say that it was probably her bullheaded determination. Anyway, I still took it as a compliment.) I am ecstatic that my favorite actress will be playing the role of my most recent favorite “real” book character. I don’t believe that it would be possible for a movie to capture the depth of this story, but it will be interesting to view, none the less.
I found a blog completely dedicated to this book! http://eat-pray-love-fans.blogspot.com/
Big Hint: Don’t read the blog until after you’ve read the book!
Another Hint: The links to products don’t work, I'm guessing they were copyright infringing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think of this post!