Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Summer Parfaits and Homemade Jam

Summer Parfait
This fun summer parfait is super fast to make!  Have you noticed yet that it is really important to me to be able to make some really cool things, but super fast!!

Blueberry Summer Parfait
Make a yellow cake mix as directed.
Cut into small square pieces.
Dip your glass into caramel sauce then into crushed graham crackers to coat the rim.
Layer the inside of the glass with multiple layers of the following:
The cake pieces
Blueberries
Prepared vanilla pudding
Whip topping spray
Sprinkle a little more of the crushed graham crackers on the top layer and add one more blueberry!
EAT!!

Canned Jam
Jams and jellies are so easy to make!  I don't know why I don't do it more often.  Here's a fun easy and yes, quick jam.  This recipe came from my stepsister's mother, Judy.  She's a very nice woman, and yes, it's a complicated family that I am a part of, but I love it and wouldn't have it any other way!  How many children of divorce say that?

Rhubarb Cherry Jam
6 cups rhubarb (cut up)
3-1/2 cups sugar
1 - 21 oz. can Cherry Pie Filling (chopped)
1 - 6 oz. Pkg. Cherry Jello
Mix rhubarb and sugar.  Let stand for 15 minutes.  
Boil 8 minutes.  Add cherry pie filling and boil 2 more minutes.
Turn off heat and add cherry jello and stir until disolved.
Put in jars and let it cool.
Seal with wax or can as normal.  (She sealed hers with wax and I canned mine).
ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think of this post!